Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hoax Photo Test!

My friends have always told me that I can be very gullible. Because of this, I was very interested to see what my score would be on these two quizzes. On the first quiz I got 8/10. I was very impressed with myself. On the second quiz however, I only got 50% with a score of 5/10. I had a hard time being able to tell if some pictures were real or fake because some seemed like they could be real but unlikely. Other photos I knew were not real because it would be so unlikely I just thought it couldn’t have happened. I was very surprised with the picture on test #1 when a jet plane was caught in the instant that it broke through the sound barrier and caused a sonic boom. I thought for sure this would be a hoax but it was real! As storytellers, this means that we can take an event and add some imagination-making it seems real to the reader/public even if it has been exaggerated or completely made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment