Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trauma

“Daniel died in a car accident.” My mother’s words struck me like a thousand knives. My body went into immediate shock. As the words came out of my Mother’s mouth through my cell phone I dropped the phone and fell to the floor. I began to shake, not having any control over my body. As I lay there in disbelief as to what I had just heard a million thoughts rushed throughout my mind, “how would I tell everyone? Why Dan? This can’t be happening. It has to be a mistake, it wasn’t him in that car…”
Dan was in the US Air force, currently stationed in England. He loved it there and when he came home only weeks before the accident, he had so many stories to share with everyone. Dan was my brother’s best friend. He was like a brother to me due to the fact that we all grew up together. Have you ever met someone that had an amazing light about, the kind of person that could light up a room just by their presence? The person who would do anything for their friends no matter what the cost. That person was Dan.
I guess it's true what they say; only the best really do die young…

No comments:

Post a Comment